Whether you are the buyer or the seller, you should really consider using a real estate agent. While it is possible for you to sell a house as 'for sale by owner' or it is possible for you to buy one without the help of your own agent, having an agent looking out for you can make all the difference to getting the house you want at a price that works for you and making sure everything goes through without a hitch. Here are some of the ways that real estate agents will be there for you:
How a real estate agent helps you as the seller –
- The agent will help you determine a selling price that will work best for your needs as far as a fast sale, financial obligations, home's worth, etc.
- The agent will come out and take pictures of the house and the yard for you, as well as other amenities to be used in the listing.
- The agent will give you advice on things you can do to the house right now that will make it easier to sell and help you to get closer to your asking price.
- The agent will work with other agents letting them know that they have a house listed (your house) that may be right for some of their clients, getting more people to come view it.
- They may have an open house where many people will come view the house on a certain day that draws a relatively large crowd.
When you have a real estate agent working for you, it also gives you instant access to someone who you can call with all of your questions and concerns who will be in your corner and answer you. They will also help you with the necessary paperwork and let you know how the selling process is going.
How a real estate agent helps you as the buyer –
- The agent will keep an eye out for houses that meet your criteria and alert you immediately when one comes on the market.
- The agent will make contact with the seller's agent to set things up for you to see the home.
- The agent will act as the go between for you and the seller's agent with regards to getting all of the info on the house, putting in an offer, etc.
- The agent will help you decide important things like other things you should ask for in the contract, the price that you should offer them and help you through the whole process in many other ways.
When you have a real estate agent helping you to find your next home they will become someone you work closely with. You want to make sure that you inform them of any changes as they come, so they aren't looking for the wrong house, the wrong price, or something else that you have changed your mind on.